Butler County Infant Mortality Data
- Ohio's overall infant mortality rate is one of the worst in the country
- Ohio is the worst place in the nation for black infant mortality, and we are fifth from the bottom for white infant mortality (2014 data).
- Butler county's urban area of Hamilton, Middletown, and Fairfield ranks among the ten worst urban areas in the state of Ohio for infant deaths.
- In Butler County, deaths are not equal across races: Black and Hispanic babies are dying nearly twice as often as White babies.
- The number of Butler County infant deaths in 2013 exceeded the number for 2012 according to the coroner's report.