Butler County Educational Service Center's educational audiologists are licensed by the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
Butler County Educational Service Center's educational audiology services:
- Perform audiological evaluations and determine the educational significance.
- Provide hearing screening for difficult to test children.
- Expertly select, fit and assess the benefits of hearing assistive technology (HAT).
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair HAT.
- Provide support to students and school personnel utilizing HAT.
- Evaluate previously purchased HAT to determine how it can be used.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the evaluation team report (ETR) and individualized education plan (IEP).
- Proved and/or support habilitation activities (i.e. auditory skill development, speech reading and auditory training).
- Teach students self-advocacy and compensatory strategies.
- Provide hearing conservation support (band, woodshop, science classes, etc.) and evaluate classroom acoustics.
Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology Supervisor