Juvenile Detention and Rehabilitation Center Education
Butler County Educational Service Center facilitates all educational instruction for students at the Butler County Juvenile Detention and Rehabilitation Center (JDC/JRC) in Hamilton, Ohio.
Our program provides:
- A year-round school calendar.
- Computer-based programming (APEX) as well as small group, whole group and individualized instruction.
- Remediation, credit recovery and special education instruction.
- Instruction in the following content areas:
- language arts
- physical education and health
- social studies
- transition and vocational programming
- Highly-qualified, content-certificated teachers will direct student learning in the content classrooms.
- Special education intervention specialists are available to provide IEP instruction, intervention and additional accommodations/modifications.
- Students assessed at higher-achieving levels and up to date with credits may participate in independent study of higher level and courses of interest.
- Course assignment will first address credit deficiencies or core classes needed to graduate.
- Curriculum aligned with Ohio Learning Standards.
- Social skill instruction.
Resources for students re-entering their respective communities