Butler County Educational Service Center's speech-language pathology services:
- Provide direct services including assessment, evaluation and intervention to students with speech-language disabilities.
- Consult with teachers on communication needs and language development within the classroom.
- Participate and contribute to the response to intervention (RTI) process.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations of speech-language skills for students with suspected communication disabilities.
- Use data to design and implement individualized education plan (IEP) goals that relate and support content standards and the needs of the student.
- Comply with evaluation team report (ETR) and IEP timelines and guidelines according to Ohio’s Operating Standards.
- Design, create and implement educational interventions and specially designed instruction to meet the individual needs of students.
- Collect data and monitor and report progress towards meeting IEP goals.
- Work collaboratively with staff, parents, schools and outside agencies to coordinate services.
- Assist staff in implementing strategies/interventions to improve the effectiveness of service delivery within the least restrictive environment.
- Implement the use of assistive technology/augmentative communication systems with students that have such needs, and provide training to staff, teachers and parents on the use of these devices/systems.
Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology Supervisor