you were one of our active SWO-COG certified subs this 2019-2020 school year,
we would like to invite you to substitute again for this upcoming 2020-2021 school year.
Letter of Reasonable
Assurance is listed on the right. Please read this letter, but
you do not have to print it off and turn it in with the rest of your required
paperwork. So in order to remain active on the list of available returning substitutes for this coming school year, you must do the following:
- Remain current with your ODE licensure/certification and provide a current copy of your license, along with HQT documentation, if applicable.
- Print off and complete the following items, which are listed on the right:
- Intent to Return form
your processing fee for the 2020-2021 school year on eventbrite Pre-payment Directions; print
off your receipt and include it with your other Intent to Return
paperwork. (Intent to Return processing fee is WAIVED for the 2020-2021 school year.)
dated and two emergency contacts entered on the last page of the Substitute Employee Handbook
- If renewing your teaching license or substitute license, turn in a copy of your current ODE license (For
directions, click Directions for ODE Online Substitute License Applications at the top right of this
page, across from the COG logo.)
ALL required items AT THE SAME TIME to assist the process in going smoothly, to
the address listed at the bottom of Page 2 of the Intent to Return 2020-2021.
for 2020-2021: The Intent to Return processing fee is waived from May 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020.
the Intent to Return
and all required forms are not received by
August 1, 2020, your Absence Management account will be made
"inactive". Your account will remain "inactive" until the
SWO-COG receives all of your required 2020-2021 paperwork.
- Starting on October 1, 2020, any returning subs who have not yet turned in all their required 2020-2021 documentation will be required to follow the process of Request to Be Reactivated. This information is detailed on the Inactive Substitute Information page of the SWO-COG website. Please keep in mind, if you wait until October 1, 2020 or after, you will be required to provide a current FBI report completed within the past 365 days in addition to the required forms.
- Public School Works will automatically email you a year from the completion of your last school year's PSW online course(s), with a list of your required PSW online training course(s) for this upcoming school year. You are given a 30-day period to complete and pass the required online course(s) after PSW emails you. The PSW directions can be found under Reference Materials on the SWO-COG Home page.