If you were one of our active SWO-COG certified subs at any time during the last six school years, we would like to invite you to substitute again this upcoming school year.
The Letter of Reasonable Assurance will be emailed to all active returning substitutes in April. So in order to remain active on the list of available returning substitutes for this coming school year, you must do the following:
- Remain current with your ODE licensure/certification and provide a current copy of your license, along with HQT documentation, if applicable.
- Print off and complete the following items, which are listed on the right:
- Intent to Return form
- Pre-pay your registration fee for the next school year on BCESC EZpay link and print off receipt
- Signed & dated the last page of the Substitute Employee Handbook
- Bottom of Page One of the Ohio Fraud Reporting System Form
- If renewing your teaching license or substitute license, turn in a copy of your current ODE license (For
directions, click Directions for ODE Online Sub License Applications at the top right of this
page, across from the COG logo.)
ALL required items AT THE SAME TIME to assist the process in going smoothly, to
the address listed at the bottom of Page 3 of the Intent to Return 2018-2019.
- NOTE for 2018-2019: The deadline is Friday, May
4, 2018, in order to take advantage of the lower processing fee of $10. From
May 5, 2018 through August 31, 2018, the processing fee will be $20.
the Intent to Return
and all required forms are not received by
August 1, 2018, your Absence Management account will be made
"inactive". Your account will remain "inactive" until the
SWO-COG receives all of your required 2018-2019 paperwork.
- Starting on September 1, 2018, any returning subs who have not yet turned in all their required 2018-2019 documentation will be required to follow the process of Request to Be Reactivated. This information is detailed on the Inactive Substitute Information page of the SWO-COG website. Please keep in mind, if you wait until September 1, 2018 or after, you will be required to provide a current FBI report completed within the past 30 days in addition to the required forms.
- Public School Works will automatically email you a year from the completion of your last school year's PSW online course(s), with a list of your required PSW online training course(s) for this upcoming school year. You are given a 30-day period to complete and pass the required online course(s) after PSW emails you. The PSW directions can be found under Reference Materials on the SWO-COG Home page.