Planning, Prevention, Response and Recovery
Ensuring your children are safe while attending
school is a top-priority at each district. That is
why the Butler County Educational service Center
(BCESC) works tirelessly to make sure we minimize
any hazard that can disrupt the learning process. At
BCESC, not only do we work to make our districts’
environments secure, but we also recognize the importance of actively engaging
and informing parents and kids in making our schools safer. Through working
together, we can uncover any issues and then focus on addressing each and
||Part of the Butler County ESC mission is to provide exemplary services to students and families, which is exactly what the Public School Safety Department does for the school districts. Not only do member districts attend safety meetings, but they also receive tailored policies and procedures that will help them develop a strong emergency management program.
- Katharine Piaskowy, Director of Public School Safety
The BCESC is taking an active step in engaging with administrations, staff, students,
parents, and community partners to develop a comprehensive emergency
Member districts receive tailored training and safety plans. The BCESC Public
School Safety Team will:
At BCESC, we commit ourselves to creating a culture of safety and security for
- Work through your All-Hazards Emergency Operations Plan;
- Offer an extensive training program that focuses on schools and school based incidents;
- Prepare an extensive exercise cycle;
- Work as a liaison with state and local agencies, local municipalities, county officials, and partner school districts; and,
- Act as your lobbyist to ODE.
our schools in Butler County and southwest Ohio.
Director of Public
at (513) 896-2343 or by filling out the form on the right side of this page.